The Rickson Gracie Academy service is provided to you by:
Gallerr, Inc, a company based and registerd in the United States of America.
Registered Address: 3224 Grand Canal, Irvine, United States.
These Terms and Conditions govern your use of our service. As used in these Terms and Conditions, "Rickson Gracie Academy service", "our service" or "the service" means the service provided by Rickson Gracie Academy for watching videos, including all features and functionalities, website, and user interfaces, as well as all content and software associated with our service.
1. Access to Our site is free of charge although member content is not free to access unless you hold a current paid subscription for member content.
2. It is your responsibility to make any and all arrangements necessary in order to access our Site.
3. Access to Our site is provided “as is”. We may alter, suspend or discontinue Our site (or any part of it) at any time and without notice. We will not be liable to you in any way if Our Site (or any part of it) is unavailable at any time and for any period unless you hold a current paid subscription for member content. If you hold a current paid subscription for member content we will enhance the site regularly by adding new membership content videos.
4. All content included on our site, (whether paid for or free content) and the copyright and other intellectual property rights subsisting in that content, unless specifically labelled otherwise, belongs to Us.
2. Memberships and Paid Content
1. We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all descriptions of paid content available from Us are accurate. We include several free-to-access sample technique videos on our Site together with menu options showing the current level and type of available content. You will not be able to view any of the membership content videos unless you have a paid subscription membership, but you will be able to see the range of content via free access to Our site.
2. We will regularly add new videos to Our site and this will enhance and expand the range of paid-for content available to members with an active subscription.
3. By being able to view the free-to-access sample videos on Our site you will know if your operating system, computer or device has the minimum standard of system requirements to view all the content offered under a paid subscription.
3. Memberships and Billing – Annual Price Plan
1. Payment for your membership subscription must always be made in advance. Your membership will run from the date of purchase for one year and the actual expiry date will be shown on your order confirmation. We will send you an email to let you know that your subscription has not charged properly, consequently it has expired and you will be able to process your own renewal order via Your Account, we operate an automatic renewal system for annual memberships. You can find specific details regarding your membership with Rickson Gracie AcademyV by visiting our website and clicking on the "Your Account" link available at the top of the pages of the Rickson Gracie Academy website under your profile name.
2. To use the Rickson Gracie Academy service you must have Internet access and a device meeting minimum system requirements, and you must provide us with a current, valid, accepted method of payment at the time of purchase, which you may update from time to time ("Payment Method"). You can find specific details regarding your membership with Rickson Gracie Academy by visiting our website and clicking on the "Your Account" link available at the top of the pages of the Rickson Gracie Academy website under your profile name.
3. There is no cancellation option for the discounted annual plan and we don’t offer pro rata refunds during the course of the plan period.
4. Memberships, Billing and Cancellation – Monthly Price Plan
1. Payment for your membership subscription must always be made in advance. Your membership will continue month-to-month until terminated. Unless you cancel your membership before your monthly renewal date, you authorise us to charge your next month's membership fee to your Payment Method (see "Cancellation" below).
2. To use the Rickson Gracie Academy service you must have Internet access and a device meeting minimum system requirements, and you must provide us with a current, valid, accepted method of payment, which you may update from time to time ("Payment Method"). You can find specific details regarding your membership with Rickson Gracie Academy by visiting our website and clicking on the "Your Account" link available at the top of the pages of the Rickson Gracie Academy website under your profile name.
3. The membership fee for our service will be billed on a monthly basis to your Payment Method on the calendar day corresponding to the commencement of your paid membership. In some cases the timing of your billing may change, for example if your Payment Method has not successfully settled or if your paying membership began on a day not contained in a given month. Visit our website and click on the "Billing details" link on the "Your Account" page to see your next payment date.
4. You can change your Payment Method by visiting our website and clicking on the "Your Account" link. If a payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, and you do not change your Payment Method or cancel your account, we may suspend your access to the service until we have obtained a valid Payment Method. You authorise us to continue billing the Payment Method, as it may be updated and you remain responsible for any uncollected amounts. This may result in a change to your payment billing dates. For certain Payment Methods, the issuer of your Payment Method may charge you a foreign transaction fee or other charges. Check with your Payment Method service provider for details.
5. You can cancel your Rickson Gracie Academy membership at any time, and you will continue to have access to the Rickson Gracie Academy service through to the end of your monthly billing period. We do not provide refunds or credits for any partial-month membership periods.
To cancel, go to the "Your Account" page and select “Subscriptions”, then “View” the active subscription, then “Cancel”. If you cancel your membership, your account will automatically close at the end of your current billing period. To see when your account will close, click "Billing details" on the "Your Account" page.
We do not take responsibility for processing membership cancellation requests sent to us by email. You will need to cancel by accessing your account, selecting the live subscription link and selecting the cancellation option.
5. Provision of Paid Content
1. When you place an order for a membership subscription you will be required to expressly acknowledge that you wish the paid content to be available to you immediately by accepting these Terms and Conditions
2. By accessing (e.g. streaming) any of the paid content you will lose your legal right to cancel if you change your mind (the “cooling-off period”). You will be required to expressly acknowledge this by accepting these Terms and Conditions
3. In some circumstances we may need to suspend the provision of Paid Content (in full or part) for limited periods to fix technical problems or to make minor changes. If possible, we will inform you in advance if it is planned work, however there may be limited occasions where the site is unavailable for short periods as a result of circumstances beyond our control, such as server issues.
4. Please contact us at [email protected] if you discover any technical problem with accessing your paid content and cannot find a solution in our FAQ section.
6. Changes to the Price or Service Plans
1. We may change the price of our service from time to time; however, any price changes or changes to our service plans will apply to you no earlier than 30 days following email notice to you.
7. Rickson Gracie Academy Service
1. You must be 18 years of age, or the age of majority in your province, territory or country, to become a member of the Rickson Gracie Academy service.
2. The Rickson Gracie Academy service and any content viewed through the service are for your personal and non-commercial use only. During your Rickson Gracie Academy membership we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, license to access the Rickson Gracie Academy service and view videos on a streaming-only basis. Except for the foregoing limited license, no right, title or interest shall be transferred to you. You agree not to use the service for public performances or to attempt to download any of the featured content.
3. We continually update the Rickson Gracie Academy service by adding more content to the content library. In addition, we may test various aspects of our service, including our website, user interfaces, promotional features and availability of videos.
4. You agree to use the Rickson Gracie Academy service, including all features and functionalities associated therewith, in accordance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, or other restrictions on use of the service or content therein. You agree not to archive, download, reproduce, distribute, modify, display, perform, publish, license, create derivative works from, offer for sale, or use (except as explicitly authorized in these Terms and Conditions) content and information contained on or obtained from or through the Rickson Gracie Academy service. You also agree not to: circumvent, remove, alter, deactivate, degrade or thwart any of the content protections in the Rickson Gracie Academy service; use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Rickson Gracie Academy service; decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble any software or other products or processes accessible through the Rickson Gracie Academy service; insert any code or product or manipulate the content of the Rickson Gracie Academy service in any way; or, use any data mining, data gathering or extraction method. In addition, you agree not to upload, post, e-mail or otherwise send or transmit any material designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment associated with the Rickson Gracie Academy service, including any software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs. We may terminate or restrict your use of our service if you violate these Terms and Conditions or are engaged in illegal or fraudulent use of the service.
5. The quality of the display of the streaming videos may vary from computer to computer, and device to device, and may be affected by a variety of factors, such as your location, internet browser and the bandwidth available through and/or speed of your Internet connection. You are responsible for all Internet access charges. Please check with your Internet provider for information on possible Internet data usage charges. The time it takes to begin watching a video will vary based on a number of factors, including your location, available bandwidth at the time and the configuration of your device.
8. Passwords & Account Access
1. The member who created the Rickson Gracie Academy account and whose Payment Method is charged (the "Account Owner") has access and control over the Rickson Gracie Academy account. To maintain control over the account and to prevent anyone from accessing the account (which would include information on viewing history for the account), the Account Owner should not reveal the password nor the Payment Method details (e.g., last four digits of their credit or debit card, or their email address) associated with the account to anyone. You are responsible for updating and maintaining the accuracy of the information you provide to us relating to your account.
2. You should be mindful of any communication requesting that you submit credit card or other account information. Providing your information in response to these types of communications can result in identity theft. Always access your sensitive account information by going directly to the Rickson Gracie Academy website and not through a hyperlink in an email or any other electronic communication, even if it looks official. We can terminate your account or place your account on hold in order to protect you, Rickson Gracie Academy or our partners from identity theft or other fraudulent activity.
9. Law and Jurisdiction. These Terms and Conditions, and the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States.
10. Third-Party Applications. You may encounter third party applications (including, without limitation, websites, widgets, software, or other software utilities) ("Applications") that interact with the Rickson Gracie Academy service. Your use of these Applications may be subject to third party Terms and Conditions or license terms.
11. Customer Support. If you need assistance with your account, please use the following contact emails:
Account/order queries: [email protected]
Content related support: [email protected]
Please check our FAQ before emailing as it has the answers to a lot of standard questions about account management and viewing your content.
In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and information provided by Customer Support or other portions of our website, these Terms and Conditions will control.
12. Survival. If any provision or provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall be held to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
13. Changes to Terms and Conditions. Rickson Gracie Academy may, from time to time, change these Terms and Conditions and will date them accordingly.
14. Electronic Communications. We will send you information relating to your account (e.g. payment authorizations, invoices, changes in password or Payment Method, confirmation messages, notices) in electronic form only, for example via emails to your email address provided during registration.
15. Privacy and Cookies
16. Data Protection
1. Any and all personal information that We may collect will be collected, used and held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and your rights and Our obligations under that Act.
2. We may use that personal information to:
(i) Provide and administer your Account
(ii) Reply to any communications you send to us
(iii) Send to you important notices
17. Links to Our Site
You may link to our site provided that you do so:
1. In a fair and legal manner
2. You do not do so in a manner that suggests any form of association, endorsement or approval on Our part where none exists
3. You do not use any logos or trademarks displayed on Our site without Our express written permission; and
4. You do not do so in any way that is calculated to damage our reputation or to take unfair advantage of it
5. You may not link to any page other than the home page of Our site. Please contact us at [email protected] for more information
6. You may not link to Our site from any other site the content of which contains material that is:
-sexually explicit -obscene, deliberately offensive, hateful or otherwise inflammatory -promotes violence -promotes or assists in any form of unlawful activity -discriminates against, or is in any way defamatory of, any person, group or class of persons, race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age -intended or otherwise likely to threaten, harass, annoy, alarm, inconvenience, upset, or embarrass another person -calculated or is otherwise likely to deceive another person -intended or is otherwise likely to infringe (or threaten to infringe) another person’s privacy -misleadingly impersonates any person or otherwise misrepresents the identity or affiliation of a particular person in a way that is calculated to deceive -implies any sort of affiliation with us where none exists -infringes, or assists in the infringement of, the intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, copyright, trademarks and database rights) of any other party; or -made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, including, but not limited to, contractual duties and duties of confidence.
18. Links to Other Sites
Links to other sites may be included on Our site. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under Our control. We neither assume nor accept responsibility or liability for the content of third party sites. The inclusion of a link to another site on Our site is for information only and does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
1. Nothing on Our site constitutes advice on which you should rely. It is provided for general information purposes only and specialist advice should always be taken before taking any action on the basis of any information provided on our site.
2. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit to attempt any of the techniques shown in the tutorials. You will take responsibility for all risks of injury to your person or property. To the extent permitted by law, Rickson Gracie Academy disclaim any and all liability in connection with your attempting any of the techniques shown and advice given by the instructors filmed. If you are in any doubt, consult your doctor before attempting any of the techniques shown, in particular if you aware that you have a pre-existing medical condition or history of chest pain, knee, ankle, wrist, shoulder, joint, spinal or neck injury.
3. Insofar as it is permitted by law, We make no representation, warranty or guarantee that Our site will meet your requirements, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all software and hardware, or that it will be secure. For more details concerning your rights as a consumer, please contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
20. Our Liability
1. Our site is intended for non-commercial use only. If you are a business user We accept no liability for loss of profits, sales, loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation, business interruption, business or revenue, or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
21. Viruses and Malware
1. We exercise all reasonable care and skill to ensure that Our site is secure and free from viruses and other malware. 2. You are responsible for protecting your hardware, software, data and other material from viruses, malware and other internet security risks.
Last Updated 20th October 2022