Even though jiujitsu is an art inspired by the purest science of the samurai, this defensive system also has its enchanted, magical side.
Grandmaster Robson Gracie, a red-belt, once taught us: "Jiujitsu is a spiritual art. The message of jiujitsu was first received by monks and elevated beings, as was Grandmaster Carlos Gracie. If you train, you understand this easily. My father, Carlos, would sit down to talk with you and had the power to see a movie, with the guy's entire life before his eyes. A grip on the gi or a choke have such great extrasensorial power, that even a skinny old man can make them work."
To help you embark on the mystical powers of jiujitsu, today we bring seven quotes from the books featuring the student wizard Harry James Potter, so you can get motivated and work some magic on the mat.
1. “There are all kinds of courage. It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.”
2. "Youth cannot know how age thinks and feels, but old men are guilty if they forget what it was to be young."
3. “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”
4. "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
5. “Humans do have a knack of choosing precisely those things that are worst for them.”
6. “Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.”
7. "Never tickle a sleeping dragon."
I like 2 and 4 the best, regardless of who said or didn't say them.
Interesting Article but questionable wording... ;)
"Prof. Harry Potter"? Unless you count the part where Harry teaches DADA to "Dumbledor`s Army", Harry was never a teacher / Professor...
Also, none of the Quotes have actually been said by Harry Potter. So, lets give Credit where Credit is due...
In the "real world" we`d have to give credit for all of the Quotes to J.K. Rowling.
In the Wizzarding World however, number 1-6 would have to be credited to Professor Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore.
Quote Number seven is not a Quote from Harry Potter OR the Harry Potter Books at all - it is the translation of the Latin motto of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry: “Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus.” It is NEVER even mentioned in the Harry Potter Series. It was quoted by Albus Dumbledore in his forward to the 2001 edition of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
And with this - back to the mats! "Invia custodia"
Way to miss the forest for the trees.
Haha, this is amazing!